Sunday, November 28, 2010

Some Fun Stuff....for Christmas!

So, a sweet friend of mine gave me an Elf on the Shelf, and let me just begin by saying...this has been so fun for the kids! Every morning, they get up, and look around the house for where the Elf is hiding! And I mean, they don't miss a beat. Wayne and I have actually been laying in the bed in the morning, and all of the sudden, jump up and run, trying to move the little guy before the kids wake up...becuase, we are so not on top of things!

A couple things about this Elf.
1. He watches the kids every move.
2. He reports their behavior to the Big Guy....you know..Santa!
3. He returns the following morning to start his job again.
4. The kids are not allowed to touch him.
5. They can talk to him though!
When we werre reading this book the first time, all I could think was how this story was so similar to Christ in our lives. He is everywhere. He is always with us. He wants us to be on our best behavior. He knows it is hard! And, He is there everyday, without fail. Love that!

So, on Thanksgiving morning, this is where we found him. LOVED it! The kids were so happy. It was so cute!



And, this morning, at our front door, look who we found! He was holding a book with a letter, and this is what it said:
You've Been Grinched!
Merry Christmas,
My friends so dear,
Let's play a game,
And spread some cheer
Read this story...
If you are smart!
A heartwarming tale,
Of changing your heart.
Play with the Grinch
And then pass him on
Sharing the love
On another friend's lawn!



Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

We just put a Grinch out as a Christmas decoration. I thought of the boys immediately when I saw it.

Blog Archive