Porter and I had a great time. So much so that I MUST document it!
1. On our way there, I almost ran out of gas. This little city girl thinks that gas stations are everywhere, and the reality is, they are not. We were literally praying out loud in the car for a gas station to appear over the hill, and when it did, Porter said, "God put it there for us!"
2. Once we were in the vicenity of the camp, this city mama was LOST! Porter was super patient with me. He has the makings for a great husband one day. Not once did he yell at me :)
3. Once we finally arrived, he graciously carried / pulled our suitcase to our cabin.
4. Once we were unloaded, he NEVER stopped running. He had the biggest smile I have ever seen on his face! He ran to the playgroud, to the swing, to the golf, back to the playground, to the ping pong tables, over to the washers, back to the swing. It was totally his kind of place!
5. On Saturday, he got to go on the Gauntlet, and ZipLine. The pictures below speak volumes to the amount of courage he had to have to do these tasks. I was so proud of him!
6. Porter also LOVED playing Laser Tag, shooting the bow and arrow as well as the beebee gun! He even hit the target with the beebee gun! We are keeping it as a momento for the weekend!
7. For Pitch Black Attack, which is basically a game played in the dark, in the forest, Porter made a map to trick the posse with. We were Diamond Minors. The posse did not like his map, and ate our team's cherio. UGGG! Porter got very sad, and started to cry. He was done, and we had just started. We ended up going back to the cabin, where we read together, prayed together, talked, and in my eyes, had the sweetest moment of our time away. He opened up like I haven't seen before, and I saw into his little heart in a fresh way. It ended up that our team won PBA, and that morning, when our roomate told us, Porter was so happy for them. He was smiling so BIG!
We can't wait to go back, and can't wait for J&J to be big enough to go too!
Along with the FUN, it was a church camp, and the break down of time was fantastic! We worshiped together, then there was a lesson for the boys on being warriors in God's army, which was great becasue Porter loves fighting. What boys doesn't? I think he got a glimps into what being a REAL warrior is, and I believe that it softened him a little.
While we were in our cabin, after he was upset, we talked a little about how when mommy was a little girl, she was affraid to tell her daddy that she wanted to ask Jesus into her heart. I told Porter that one day, when he decides, Mommy and Daddy really want to know. We want to celebrate with him.
On the last day, the speaker gave us paint sticks to make into swords for the boys. On the back, this is what I wrote:
"Porter Alan"
3-23-12
Pine Cove
LOYAL
Creative
Teachable
These words are who Porter is.
I want him to beleive it!
He is God's creation, and he is LOVED!
No comments:
Post a Comment