
Yesterday, September 8th, was Porter's first day of his second year in Pre-School. I am just glowing at the fact that he is in the same room, with the same teacher as last year. She really is a gift!!
I didn't get much out of Porter yesterday other than he played super heros with Noah outside, and I failed to give him a straw for his Capri Sun. Thankfully, Ms. Christy saved the day!! She put a BIG straw in his drink for him. AWSOME!
Porter has a goal today to make a new friend. I so want this for him. He is a bit shy like his mama, and tends to find comfort in things not changing. Funny thing. The one comment he said about his day was that the bulletin boards were different. Who would have thought something simple like that would be important to him. Also, he was a little upset that he didn't take a nap in the same spot as last year, to which my response was, well Porter, it is a new year!! He doesn't like change.
Now, I wish I had a picture of what I did, all by myself, without kids for a whole 6 hours. I wish you could hear the quite that I enjoyed. It was something that I could get use to very easily.
I did what I said I wouldn't do, and came home and cleaned out some toys, dusted, vacuumed, thought for about 5 minutes that I would go get a manicure, and decided against it.
I did however go to a movie with my sweet friends, Kim and Kindel, and then we sat at Pottbelly and shared a sandwich. It was great. I saw all these ladies with the friends, going to do what we were doing....just enjoying themselves. Eye opener for me that this has been happening all these years, and I never realized it. Women enjoying themselves!
Please, don't think for a minute that I didn't think of my kids a good bit of the time. I did. I was thinking about how they are growing up, how we are entering this new stage in our lives where they can learn from other people too, how we have great friends that we look forward to seeing, how, on this day, when Wayne got home from work, I wasn't a mess!!
Thank you Jesus for providing for our family in so many ways!
1 comment:
Having time for yourself, to enjoy adult company, or not, is so, so, so important. I'm glad you had time to have fun without your children. You're a great Mom. Truely. And having personal time will help keep you that way.
Post a Comment