Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Gift of Rest

Today is an especially memorable day for me:
I just enrolled Jacob & Joey in Mothers Day Out starting in the Fall. They will attend 1 day week (Wednesdays).

This was a gift....of time....from my sweet sweet Grandma....who the boys affectionately refer to as GG. What she has done will prove to be my saving grace over the next year, not because I don't want to be with my kids, but, because I desperately need some time to myself, to figure out what I like to do, to have lunch with a friend or my sweet husband, to read a book without interruption, to run 5 errands without having to get a 2 kids in and out of the car, to basically.....BREATH!!

So...Grandma....I pray that you know you have given me one of the best gifts ever. Time to find myself. Somehow, when you have kids, that gets swept under the rug.

Thank you and I love you!

3 comments:

Shandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shandra said...

that's awesome! i know you will enjoy that time. the preschools in NE are only 2 1/2 hrs long. boo! but since i'm a little clueless about the snow and actually getting him to school when it snows, it's probably a good thing!!

Heather and Glenn said...

Susie~ I am so happy for you that you will get this day for YOU! I want to be on that lunch with friends list!

Blog Archive