Now, T#2 on the other hand thinks that just because he turned 2, he is suddenly ready to begin skipping his nap. Now, this is not true all of the time, but, today, he put up a monumental fight.
First, I put him down,as usual. He cried, so I went back in, gave him his normal Hug that he asks for. Left the room, he cried more. Went back in, and decided that I would hold his hand while I laid on the floor (I have not been feeling well today). Opened my eyes to see if the heavy breathing meant he was asleep. I see him with his eyes open. Gasp! Is he sleeping with his eyes open? No way? He sits up, still not asleep. By this time, it has been well over 25 minutes. I lay there longer..he is tossing and turning, he can't get comfortable. Finally, he lays down, facing the wall. I wait...and wait, and finally, I get up, and sneak out. 10 minutes later,he is crying again, and I have run out of patience...I mean, I am going to have to wake him up in 1 hour anyway, what is the point?
So, we go into the living room together, and cuddle a little. I am thinking for sure he will fall asleep on the couch. NOPE! Eventually,I ask him if he wants to watch a movie in the playroom....YES,of course he would...it is now 1:00. 30 minutes until I begin waking up my sleeping house.
So, I am resting a little, and I hear some really heavy breathing coming from the playroom. This is what happens when T#2 skips his nap!
1 comment:
I know exactly how he feels. I sometimes put up a fight about going to sleep too.
Post a Comment