Thursday, February 12, 2009

10 Years

Well...last night, Wayne reminded me of what today is (February 12th).

It is the 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY of our first date. Yep.....on Feb 12th 1999, Wayne and I went out for the very first time.

It went something like this:

I was waiting at my apartment with my roommates for Wayne to come pick me up. I was starving....I was a swimmer, and I was hungry. It was Rodeo time, and there was a lot of traffic, but, this was not on my mind...only that I was hungry.

I am sitting on the couch, waiting for him to come, and a Pizza Hut commercial comes on TV....my roommate...Christy yells at the top of her lungs......"WHERE ARE YOU?"

I put my head in my hands, because I know that I am about to hear a knock on the door....and sure enough....KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.

I looked at Christy .....shocked.

We open the door, and poor Wayne is standing there with his head hanging....."Sorry I am late."

We had a great time....and the rest is history....3 kids later.

I love you Wayne!

No comments:

Blog Archive